Tuesday, April 26, 2005

First 48: Loveless

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Today I watched Loveless, but am still kind of confused over what I just watched. Aoyagi Rikka is in the 6th grade. His older brother was killed two years ago. One day a mysterious person named Agamtsuma Sobi appears. He asks Rikka to become the new Sacrifice to avenge his brother’s death. So this is the basic storyline so far, BUT WAIT, it seems that this is a Shounen Ai, which involves a relationship between Rikka and Sobi. But it seems that Sobi was asked by Rikka's older brother to "Love" him; also it seems that Sobi and Loveless, Rikka's real name, grow stronger along side their so called love.

Ok so the slight homosexuality of this whole show kind of caught me off guard. To me it seems that Sobi is very similar
Kaoru, from Evangelion, except Sobi has reasoning behind what he is doing. If you are able to get behind this confusing relationship, the story to this is actually quite decent. I cant really oppose nor recommend this series to you people because the story hasn't really progressed yet. What I will recommend is that you watch the first two episodes. If your are able to get behind the obvious and focus on the story line, then keep watching the series, it might get better. I will keep watching this series and give you my full opinion at the end of the series (note this is only a 12 ep series).

For more info on the series go to Animenfo

0 Comments: