Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Tra La La, La La La La



As a child, it was hard for me to sleep without the television on. At times, I would wake to the sounds of the unconventional televised programs that ran on Cartoon Network. One of these programs was the Banana Splits and let me tell you, it scarred the shit out of me.

Originally airing early mornings on NBC, the Banana Splits consisted of four characters: Fleegle, Bingo, Drooper, and Snorky. The show consisted of random live action and animated segments, along with little numbers performed by the bunch. I wonder what Will and Joe were thinking when creating this little number, not that it is bad. As I take a look back at the syndication of the program, still currently running on Boomerang, I found that this show still holds up, in an unconventional kind of way. If you never had the chance to experience this adventure, I definitely recommend checking it out.

Check out this clip

0 Comments: